role i am seeking
Senior / Staff Software Engineer
- full time direct hire
- not a management role, but technical leadership engineering role that can lead by example and mentoring others
- I love helping people level up
Primary 1: seeking a culture that is supportive of learning, sharing knowledge, skills, product info, and discussions to promote mutual and systemic growth in ability to deliver the product
Primary 2: seeking a company that promotes the idea that people can bring however much of themselves to what they do without feeling squashed, marginalized, or abused.
Along with this, the company actively reaches out to the employees and communities within which it exists to proactively ensure no harm comes to the most vulnerable and all people can see representation across the business.
The company is concerned more with quality, sustainability, managed experimentation, with a focus on operationalizing, reliability, scalability, and extensibility, rather than just a feature factory or a total flypaper app.
I must be fully remote, with no expectation of ever coming into the office.
- This requires the support of management and coworkers to ensure I’m included in meetings and information exchanged
- a small company, under 500, or an enginering department in a larger company
- on the IPO track, funded sufficiently, plenty of runway; profitable a plus
- a company that already knows what it's business and value proposition are
- digital/remote first, asynchronous collaboration preferred
- preferraby no Java or PHP
- $150-$200,000 base annual
- not seeking equity