Beef Burgundy Stew a la Tamara 28-May-2020
- 1 1/2 lb Beef Stew Meat, 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt, any coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onions, diced
- 3 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 3 cups Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Baby Carrots
- 4 Russet Potatoes, washed, cubed, 1 inch
- salt the beef with the coarse salt, let stand while onions and garlic cook
- turn on sauté
- when hot, add the oil
- add the onions and garlic and stir them while they turn translucent , add the worcesteshire after they’ve cooked a bit
- add the beef
- sauté until cooked on all sides, turn off sauté mode
- put wine, broth, tomato paste, and herbs into a bowl. whisk until blended. pour into pot
- add the carrots and give everything a good stir
- seal the pot and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. allow 10 minutes natural realease
- open the pot and add the potatoes. replace the lid and pressure cook for 5 more minutes on high, then quick release the pressure
- turn on sauté to reduce the sauce
This isn’t “officially” beuf burgongone as the French make it, this is my shot given what I have on hand at this moment.
I used marjoram since it’s what I had. Thyme would probably be better.
The carrots are a little overdone, I might add them after 15 minutes instead of the whole 30.
OMG this is good tho!