Chicken Curry Taco Filling 10-Jan-2021
So I was on a curry kick and I had a ton of frozen chicken thighs that I wanted to use up and this recipe just sort of popped into my head.
- 6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thawed, rinsed, and cubed
- 1 ounce Penzey’s Curry
- 1 large red onion, peeled, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, halved
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- handful golden raisins
- 12 ounces frozen rice cauliflower
- 2 almond-flour soft tortillas
- After cubing the chicken, put it in a bowl, add salt, pepper, and curry powder, mix thoroughly, and set aside. (I put it in the fridge overnight, but only by accident.)
- Slice up the onions, saute them in a large, hot skillet with vegan butter and olive oil, cook until soft, set aside.
- Add more butter and oil to the same skillet, and saute the chicken, browning all sides well.
- Return the onions to the pan, add garlic, curry paste, ginger, red pepper, and cumin. You may need a little liquid in the pan.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins, stir and warm through.
- Cook the riced cauliflower to the bag’s instructions
- Serve on soft-shell almond-flour tacos, spoonful of cauliflower rice, spoonful of chicken filling (use your own spoons to judge :) )
I made this to have some premade stuff to pack in some almond-flour soft tacos (Siete), so I could have lunches for a week or so.
The curry paste I used was Patak’s