Koorma Chicken and Turkey Curry over Cauliflower Rice 09-Jan-2021
This was delicious. I very much appreciate Patak’s sauces and chutneys. This one uses Koorma Curry Simmer Sauce. This contains some milk, so the recipe isn’t strictly dairy-free. I can tolerate it though, so it works for me.
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned, deboned, cut into cubes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 oz jar Patak’s Koorma Curry Simmer sauce
- 3 tablespoons Patak’s Mild Curry Spice Paste
- 1 cup turkey, leftover from thanksgiving turkey, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 12 ounce freezer bag cauliflower rice
- lots of cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Salt and pepper the chicken cubes while prepping the rest of the ingredients
- Heat oil in a large skillet
- Add the cubed chicken thighs to the skillet, brown on all sides
- Add the red onion slices and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add in the minced garlic, cook until onion and garlic are translucent
- Add the simmer sauce and the curry paste, mixing ingredients well
- Turn down the heat to simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, covered
- Add the turkey, stir through to warm
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to package directions (using the frozen, steam in bag style seems to work best for me)
- Serve the curry over the cauliflower rice
- Garnish with cilantro
The koorma simmer sauce does contain some dairy, but not enought trigger my reactions. It’s also loaded with tree nuts and so forth, so it’s very much not allergen-free.
The koorma simmer sauce has a very pleasant flavour, but is not enough heat for me. Adding the curry paste made a lot of difference.
This also needed more salt; the first time we made this, the salt was omitted, and I ended up having to almost over-salt it at the table.
This is a real winner, though, I would definitely make this again.