Lentil Dal 28-May-2020
Make a big batch of this vegan Instant Pot Lentil Dal and enjoy it for meatless lunches and dinners the rest of the week.
- 2 teaspoon ghee (non-vegan or coconut oil (vegan)*)
- ½ medium yellow onion (minced)
- 1 tablepoons minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup mild curry paste**
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 14 ouncecan lite coconut milk
- 5 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups split red lentils (masoor dal)
- salt (to taste)
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting. Heat the ghee or coconut oil. Add the onion and ginger. Cook, stirring, until the onion softens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry paste, coriander and cumin, and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and vegetable broth, then stir in the red lentils.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam vent and set to HIGH pressure using the manual setting. Decrease the time to 8 minutes. It will take about 20 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure.
- Once the time is expired, wait for 10 minutes, then carefully use the quick release valve to release the remaining pressure.
- Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve or store in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Serves: 8 Cups