Curried Vegetables 23-Jan-2019
I make this without the jalapeno peppers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, heat oil with curry powder and cumin until aromatic.
Stir in eggplant, jalapenos, potatoes, tomatoes, salt, chili powder and turmeric.
Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes, adding water if necessary to maintain a stew-like consistency.
Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.