Leftover Turkey Curry 28-Dec-2020
Using the recipe on the bottle of Patak’s Mild Curry Sauce, with a couple enhancements.
- 1 large vidalia onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 8 ounces leftover turkey thigh meat, cubed
- 3-4 Tbsp Patak’s Mild Curry Spice Paste
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- rice, hot, cooked
- Sauté onion in oil
- Add turkey meat and coat evenly, heat through
- Stir in curry paste, cook for 1 minute
- Add tomatoes, water, and sugar
- Simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the sauce. You should taste the sauce at this point to find out if it’s at the spice level you like. Add more salt, pepper, curry powder, cumen, etc. to get it where you like it.
- Serve over the hot, cooked rice
This is the recipe from the back of the jar. It’s a point of departure.