Instant Pot Beef Gyros 28-May-2020
Now you don’t have to wait for the fair, the food truck or leave your house when you’re craving Greek food. This Instant Pot™ version of classic gyros is made quick and cheap using chuck roast that comes out just as tender as the traditional lamb meat. Top with sliced red onion, diced tomato and a dollop of homemade tzatziki sauce.
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lb trimmed boneless beef chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup beef broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 container (5 oz) French style plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded unpeeled cucumber
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
6 pitas (6 inch)rice
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- Spray 6-quart Pot insert with cooking spray.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the onions, the garlic, beef, 1 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper and broth to insert.
- Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select Pressure Cook
- Cook on HIGH pressure 30 minutes.
- Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally.
- Discard cooking liquid; stir in fresh oregano.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, lemon juice, garlic powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide rice and beef mixture among
pitasbowls; top with remaining onions, tomato and yogurt sauce.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Serves: 6
I have yet to find a good dairy-free substitute for tzatziki sauce.