Honey Garlic Chicken (Instant Pot) Recipe 28-May-2020
Honey Garlic Chicken - moist, tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken thighs in savory and sweet honey garlic sauce and made in an Instant Pot, so delicious
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs ((4 chicken thighs))
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped parsley, (optional)
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth, preferred
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- Wash and rinse the chicken thighs with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together, stir to mix well. Make sure the honey and sugar are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is heated, add 1/2 tablespoon of the cooking oil.
- Pan sear the chicken thighs (skin side down first) until both sides turn nicely brown.
- Add the remaining cooking oil and saute the garlic a little bit.
- Pour in the sauce and cover the lid.
- Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully, add the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Serves: 4 people