Creamy Beef Tips with Mushrooms 14-Oct-2019
This sounds really basic and easy, when I have time to wait while it bakes. TOO THIN!
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
1 is far too much1/4 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips (optional)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tips, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine coconut milk, beef broth, portobello mushrooms,
green bell pepper, onion, and sea salt in a 9x13-inch casserole dish; mix well.
- Add beef tips; stir until well-coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is tender and sauce has thickened, about 1 hour.
Serve over GF pasta or rice.
As written, I think this is going to need more spices to bring up the flavour. I added black pepper above already, but it probably needs some smoked paprika and maybe chili powder or something like that. Cayenne maybe. Especially if I’m going to leave out the green pepper. Maybe roast the strips of green pepper (plus medley of other colours) before hand and add to the dish.
This came out so watery, not creamy at all.
Next time, reduce the amount of broth, and/or add some thickener. Yeesh.