Making Zucchini Lasagne Noodles 09-Nov-2019
Normally, zucchini would be far too wet to make a good lasagne, so this technique can be used to make the zucchini more suitable as a stand-in for the pasta noodles.
- 3 large zucchini (about 2 pounds total)
- kosher or a coarse salt
- Trim the ends off the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half crosswise
- Thinly slice each piece lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick planks
- Set a colander over a sink
- Place the zucchini slices in a colander and gently toss with the salt
- Drain for 15 minutes
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 450°F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Divide the zucchini planks between the baking sheets in a single layer
- Pat them dry with a paper towel
- Roast until the zucchini is dry to the touch, 10 to 15 minutes
Taken from the middle of a recipe on making zucchini lasagne.