Paleo Banana Bread 28-May-2020
OP: “This recipe takes me right back to my childhood when my mom would freeze black bananas, which would have ended up in the trash otherwise, and once she had enough bananas stored up, she would whip up a batch of homemade banana bread. The taste, texture and smell of this Paleo Banana Bread is exactly what I remember, minus the gluten, grains and even eggs!”
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups ripe banana, smashed (approximately 2 large bananas – the riper the better)
- ½ cup creamy almond butter (be sure the only ingredient is almonds)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with parchment muffin liners, or line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Stir together all of the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl, using a fork.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, stir together the wet ingredients.
- Stirthe dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Divide the batter among the lined muffin tins, or pour it into the lined loaf pan.
- For muffins, bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- For bread, bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.