5-minute microwave chocolate cake 12-Jan-2014
Fast and easy. Cake.
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup (2 1/4 ounces) cocoa, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup warm water
Combine flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a 1 1/2 quart shallow microwave safe dish.
Add egg yolks, butter, vanilla, chocolate chips, and water to the mix, and stir until almost combined (batter will be lumpy). Stir remaining 2 tablespoons cocoa and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over batter.
Microwave on high power until puffed, bubbling, and set (but still slightly jiggles), 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave and serve warm.