Zesty Beef Stew 28-May-2020
Preparation couldn’t be simpler for this hearty no-fuss stew.
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 3 hr, 30 min to 4 hr, 30 min
- Servings: 6