Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Mexican Chicken Soup) 28-May-2020
Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup), with a creamy broth of green enchiladas sauce, salsa verde, cheeses, and tender shredded chicken, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Perfect for those busy nights! This Mexican soup recipe is keto and low carb friendly which will make everyone happy! This recipe can be made on a stovetop or in an Instant Pot.
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add shredded chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and green salsa to slow cooker. Turn crockpot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream.
- Cook your chicken on high pressure with 1 cup of broth for 8 minutes. Do a quick release after 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred.
- Set pot to saute medium, and add remaining broth, shredded chicken, green enchilada sauce, salsa, and heat until warm. Add cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- In a large stockpot, add chicken and broth. Simmer until chicken is done and can easily be pulled apart. Remove chicken and shred.
- Add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, half and half, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa to the pot. Stir and heat soup until it is warm and the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with additional green salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream on the side.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Serves: 12 servings