Garlic Ginger Rice Rice 08-May-2021
Right Rice is pretty good as a rice substitute, but it can become even better. This is a pretty standard treatment for Asian dishes.
- 1 Tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves grated or minced fresh garlic
- sea salt
- black pepper
- package of plain right rice
- 1.5 cups water
- In a small sauce pan, heat up some olive or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle in some sea salt, and grind in some black pepper.
- When hot, add the garlic and ginger, sauteing it to bring out the flavours.
- Add the right rice, mixing it with the ginger, garlic, salt and pepper, and toast it a bit.
- Add in the water, stir to bring all the ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and take off the heat.
- Let steep for 10, fluff with a fork, taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Make sure the “rice” is seaasoned; nothing like bland rice to ruin a meal.
Also makes a grand base for fried “rice”.