Standard Right Rice 08-May-2021
Right Rice™ is a product that substitutes for regular rice. It has more protein, fewer carbs, and a much lower glycemic index. Right Rice is currently $4 for 7 ounces at Hy-Vee. Compared with regular rice which is $7.50 for 32 ounces, That makes right rice about 2 and half times more expensive.
This is the standard recipe from the back of the package, which can be hard to read.
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 to 2 pinches of sea salt
- 4 grinds of black pepper
- full package of Right Rice plain
- Bring water to boil in a smallish sauce pot (2 or 3 quart).
- Season the water with the salt and pepper.
- Add right rice to the pot after the water boils, return to a boil, cover, and take off the heat.
- Let right rice steep in pot for 10 minutes and fluff.
- Taste the rice and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Let sit a few minutes.
Make sure the “rice” is properly seasoned, nothing ruins a meal like bland rice.
As with regular rice, day-old right rice is quite good as a base for fried “rice”.