Marinara Sauce (simple) 09-Nov-2020
A very simple way to make marinara sauce that tastes better than jarred.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced or crushed garlic
- 2 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried organo
- 1/2 cup red wine
- heat oil in a small (2 quart) sauce pan
- add the garlic and cook until it turns golden
- remove the pan from the heat
- add the tomatoes, wine, basil, and garlic to the pan
- return the pan to the stove on medium heat, bring to a simmer
- lower the heat and let simmer for at least 30 minutes
- take the sauce off the heat and let cool
- using a stick blender, puree the sauce until all the chunks are gone
This would probably work just as well in an Instant Pot if you were pressed for time.
I imagine this would last a week in the fridge; freezer for up to 6 months.