White Sauce, Gluten- and Dairy-Free 28-May-2020
Finding wheat, dairy and sugar free recipes for my daughter is hard, but I adapted a white sauce recipe and made it slightly sweet for some flavour. She loves this sauce with anything, including salad!
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 2 2/3 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons honey (more or less to taste)
- In a warm saucepan mix margarine and flour together, stirring quickly.
- When combined and melted add milk slowly, stirring quickly.
- Add honey.
- Simmer whilst stirring and serve with wheat-free pasta, rice noodles, roast beef, potatoes or use in a lasagna.
- I even use it instead of margarine on crackers with salmon or avacado.
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Servings: 3-4