Tangy Green Beans 24-Dec-2012
A welcome alternative to the traditional green bean casserole.
This vegetable side dish is delicately dressed with white wine vinegar and subtle mustard and garlic seasonings, rather than swimming in butter and salt.
— Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Place beans and red pepper in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; add vinaigrette and stir to coat.