Fennel Apple Salad 06-Sep-2012
A delicious salad!
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 clementine (Mandarin orange) - peeled, segmented, and segments cut in half
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toss fennel, apple, clementine segments, kalamata olives, and Swiss chard together in a large bowl.
- Scatter basil and parsley atop fennel salad.
- Whisk lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon mustard, celery seed, oregano, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into lemon juice mixture while whisking vigorously to combine dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to combine.