Wild Turkey Surprise 28-May-2020
Yet another variation on Wild Turkey Surprise, aka Stuff with Stuff In It, aka Mess
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Royal blend rice, red, brown, wild, jasmine
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 t Tbsp Dried minced onion
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 cup Chopped cabbage, cole slaw mix works great
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced ginger
- Salt & Pepper
- Orange Sauce, GF, i don’t know how much i put on, a couple three glugs at least
- 1/8 tsp Thai Chili Garlic sauce, it was still too much
- 4 oz Seasoned Tofu, diced
- 1 palmful Dry Roasted, Salted Peanuts, whole, next time, chopped would be better
- Combine broth, saffron, dried onion, and parsley, mix well. Pour into inner liner of instant pot. Add the rice, give a quick stir and seal the pot for pressure cooking.
- Set the pressure cooker time for 1 (yes one) minute and turn it on.
- After it finishes the pressure cooking cycle, let it stand under pressure, natural release for 12-15 minutes. Depress the seal and release the remaining pressure (it won’t be much).
- While the rice is going, add some oil to a large, hot skillet or wok.
- Toss in the onions, garlic, ginger, cabbage, and shrooms. Give them a good few minutes stir fryinging
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet, getting everything mixed, and heated through. Here is where you can adjust spices and such as well.
- When the rice is done, scoop it into the skillet or wok and mix it all up.
- Serve. Eat. Save the rest, it’ll even freeze.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Servings: 2-ish
The orange sauce is not quite right for this. I think tamari would be better. Hoisin would be much better if I can find GF hoisin sauce…
I swear the jar of thai chili garlic sauce keeps getting stronger and stronger, because I need to use less and less. 1/8 was too much in this.