One-Pan Egg Roll 02-Feb-2020
Craving the classic flavors of an egg roll but without the wrapper? This one-pan version is an incredibly simple meal that’s made with a variety of vegetables and tastes just like a traditional egg roll.
- 1 pound (454 g) ground pork
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) coconut oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup (110 g) shredded carrot
- 2 heads baby bok choy, base trimmed
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup (96 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) chopped scallion
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the ground pork and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Discard the fat and return the skillet to medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil to the skillet to melt.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrot and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, cabbage, and mushroom and stir to combine.
- Stir in the vinegar, coconut aminos, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes to cook down the cabbage.
- Stir in the pork and cook for 1 minute more, or until warmed. Remove from heat and serve warm topped with the scallion.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cooking time: 25 min
- Servings: 4