Egg Foo Yung 17-Jun-2012
Chinese pancakes, a traditional dish.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 cup hot soup or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked pork or chicken
- 1 cup bamboo shoots
- 3/4 cup water chestnuts
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water.
- Add soup or stock and soy sauce.
- Cook until clear and thickened.
- Cut meat into small strips.
- Slice bamboo shoots finely and then into strips 2 inches long.
- Peel chestnuts, slice finely, and cut into strips 2 inches long.
Squeeze the ingredients dry.
Place meat, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and salt and beat together lightly.
- Drop egg mixture into hot oil from tablespoon to make individual pancakes.
- Brown on both sides and remove to a hot platter to keep warm.
- Pour on hot sauce and serve.