Frosted Coconut Bars 27-May-2020
I found this tucked into Mom’s recipe journal.
Frosted Coconut Bars
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed quite fine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cups very soft butter
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz package chocolate chips
- Mix together and line a small loaf pan (about 8x12) with mixture, patting it down. Bake 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Take out of oven and spread coconut over crust.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over coconut, and return pan to oven to back an additional 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Spread the chocolate chips over the hot bars to melt and make a frosting.
- Cool and cut.
This is definitely not gluten-free or dairy-free, and I don’t know if it can be altered. It sounds so good, though.