pear or apple cobbler 22-Dec-2017
“A baked pear or apple recipe with a crunchy oatmeal cobbler-like topping. Simple and tasty. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!”
- 4 pears, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan spread
- 1 cup rolled oats (get GF oats from Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegan spread
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Toss pears and lemon juice together in a bowl until coated; spread into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Pour maple syrup and 2 tablespoons melted butter over pear mixture; toss to coat.
Mix oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl until crumbly; sprinkle over pear mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden and pears are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes