Garlic-Herb Burst Tomatoes 24-Dec-2020
These make an excellent condiment for all sorts of things.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, (Penzey’s Turkish Oregano)
- 1 teaspoon basil, (Penzey’s California Sweet Basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, (optional)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, washed and cleaned
- to taste sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium until it thins out.
- Add herbs, sauté lightly to let their flavours start to bloom.
- Add the tomatoes and the sea salt, increase heat to medium-high, and cook for around 6 to 10 minutes until the tomatoes lighten in colour and start to burst. Shake the pan about once a minute to ensure they don’t stick and burn.
- Add the garlic and stir together as the tomatoes continue to burst. Cook for another few minutes until the garlic softens.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, store in a container in the fridge.
Use these as a condiment with salads, pastas, sandwiches, hummus, whatever.