Keto vegan crusty GF sesame rolls
- 2 cups (250g) ground almonds (almond meal)
- 7-8 tbsps (40g) tbsps psyllium husks (fine crumbs or powder)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps sweetener
- Small pinches of salt
- 1 tsp quick action yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups hot water (Add a small amount at a time. You most likely won’t need the full amount!)
- 2 tsps vinegar
- Sesame seeds (for sprinkling on top)
- Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place aside.
- In 2 cups of freshly boiled hot water, add in 2 tsps of vinegar, mix well.
- Add oil in the dry ingredients, then pour in a small amount of the hot vinegar/water liquid and start kneading the dough. Add more liquid (1 tsp at a time!) as you go till you reach a smooth and glossy texture.
- Preheat the oven in 180C (350F). Gather the dough into a large ball and leave it to rest for 10-15mins)
- Divide the bread dough into four portions and shape each portion into a ball shape. Place the dough balls on a greased baking tray. Press the dough balls gently to create a bun shape. Coat the top of the bread dough with oil. Sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake the bread dough in a 180C (350F) preheated oven for 50-60mins till golden brown.