Gluten-free Instant Pot Bacon Ramen 28-May-2020
Gluten-free ramen swimming in THE most flavorful bacon broth. (Yes, I said bacon broth.) Loaded with veggies, & super easy (even using frozen chicken!) this instant pot bacon ramen noodle comes together in 30 minutes.
- 1/2 package of bacon, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced finely or grated
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups chicken broth (or 5 cups water + 3 Tablespoons broth base)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce*
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil (optional, if no sesame allergy)
- 2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 squares of gluten-free noodles** (or about 5 oz.)
- 1 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup peeled carrot
- green onions, chilies and cilantro, for serving
- Hit “saute” on your instant pot and place the chopped bacon inside the instant pot. Cook the bacon until crispy, and remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate, and leave the remaining grease inside the instant pot.
- Add the diced ginger and mushrooms, and stir with a wooden spoon for 1-2 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned.
- Turn off the “saute” function. Add in the five cups of broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red curry paste, sesame oil and chicken breasts.
- Close the lid, move the valve to sealing and use the “manual” button until you reach 15 minutes (for raw chicken) and 27 minutes (for frozen chicken).
- Once the timer is done, move the valve to venting to quickly release the pressure.
- Open the lid and add in your noodles, carrots and spinach.
- While the noodles soften in the hot liquid, remove your chicken and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Ladle into bowls, and top with your desired garnishes and crisped bacon that you set aside from step 1.
- Prep time: 3 min
- Cooking time: 27 min
- Servings: 5