Twenty Thousand Dollar Chili Recipe 18-May-2010
This actually won a $20,000 prize in a chili cookoff. Must be in the wrist.
- 2 1/2 lbs Lean ground chuck
- 1 lb Lean ground pork
- 1 cup Finely chopped onion
- 4 Garlic cloves - finely chpd.
- 1 Budweiser beer - (12 oz.)
- 8 oz Hunt’s tomato sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Wyler’s beef-flavor instant - bouillon (or 6 cubes
- 2 teaspoons Oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce - to taste
- 1 teaspoon Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Warm water
In large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown half the meat; pour off fat.
Remove meat. Brown remaining meat; pour off all fat except 2 Tbsps.
Add onion, garlic; cook and stir until tender.
Add meat and remaining ingredients except flour, cornmeal and warm water. Mix well.
Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 2 hours. Stir together flour and cornmeal; add warm water.
Mix well. Stir into chili mixture. Cook covered 20 minutes longer.