Cowboy Mashed Potatoes 06-Sep-2011
This makes an awesome side dish. Careful you don’t eat too much!
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 2 Yukon Gold (yellow) potatoes, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 small can green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Place red potatoes, yellow potatoes, carrots and garlic cloves in a large pot.
Cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat, turn down to medium high. Cook 15 minutes.
Add corn to pot. Cook 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
Drain water from pot.
Mash the mixture with a potato masher until butter is melted and potatoes have reached desired consistency.
Mix in chilies, cheese, salt, and pepper.