Best Corn Pudding 05-Jul-2011
Corn is a pretty good add to most meals. This corn pudding has been a perrenial hit at potlucks and gatherings, earning rave reviews and an empty pan to take home.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 8.5 ounce box of cornbread mix (Krusteaze)
- 2 1.1 pound cans corn kernels, drained
- 1 1.1 pound can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- heat oven to 350°F
- brush 3 quart shallow baking dish (or pan that be used for serving) generously with the melted butter
- in a mixing bowl, combine cornbread mix, corn kernels, creamed corn, sour cream and remaining butter.
- mix with a spoon until all ingredients well integrated.
- pour mixture into greased baking dish and spread evenly.
- place pan in center of hot oven and bake until top is golden brown and crusty and knife inserted comes out clean – about 50-55 minutes.
- remove from oven, let set 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe serves 6-8 people well.
If doubling the recipe for the potluck, increase the cooking time to 80 minutes.