Oven Roasted Vegetables 15-Mar-2007
I love oven-roasted vegetables. They bring a distinctive flavour to salads and other dishes, as well as being great as an accompaniment to a main dish.
This recipe came from somewhere, and as I read it over, it seems pretty rigid. Feel free to let loose with pretty much anything.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini 12 ounces cut crosswise into 1 inch slices
- 2 medium yellow squash 12 ounces cut crosswise into 1 inch slices
- 1 large red onions 12 ounces cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper 6 ounces cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- olive oil in a spray bottle
- Heat oven to 425°F;
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add vegetables; toss well to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking pan; spray with olive oil.
- Bake at 425°F; for 40 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Makes 6 servings (1 cup each)
Per serving: calories 82, protein 3g, Fat 3g, Carbohydrates 10g, Fiber 4g, Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 202mg. Weight Watcher Points - 1 Point
There is something about balsamic vinegar that seems essential for roasted veggies.
One of the key herbs to use here is Rosemary. It is usually included in Italian Seasoning, but if you don’t have that, a good mixture of Rosemary, Marjoram, Parsley, Sage, Thyme, Basil and/or Oregano is good.
This gets easier if you just put the oil, vinegar, spices and veggies in a big ziplock bag and shake it well before putting on the baking pan.