BBQ rub 23-Nov-2020
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Prepare meat, remove excess fat, remove membranes, etc.
Lightly smear the surfaces with mustard to act as a binder.
Spread the rub on all surfaces, pressing into the meat well.
Let the rub sit for a while so it works its way into the meat.
Cook meat as you will.
I used this rub for ribs I cooked in the Instant Pot, and they came out amazing.