Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Sauce 19-Feb-2016
Ensure these are all gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 10 turns of the pepper grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon of Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kitchen Bouquet
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of pure cane syrup
- Whisk together all of the ingredients.
This makes about 1-1/2 cups of sauce, so increase ingredients as needed. Add two tablespoons to 1/4 cup of Maker’s Mark or Jack Daniels, for variety. May also substitute pure maple syrup, sorghum syrup, or molasses, loosened with a bit of corn syrup in place of the cane syrup. A small can of tomato sauce, additional ketchup or a combination of the two may be substituted for the chili sauce.