Basic Basil Pesto Sauce 21-Sep-2013
Pesto has many uses, such as with pasta, topping for chicken or fish, or as a spread on crusty Italian bread. This is a pretty basic recipe, found all over.
- 2 cups fresh basil, washed and stemmed.
- 2 large cloves of garlic, pealed.
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan and/or romano cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
In a food processor, pulse basil, garlic, cheese and nuts to chop and combine.
Slowly pour olive oil in while processor is running.
Salt and pepper to taste.