Tamaras Quick Bolognese Sauce 28-Jun-2011
This is the quick and easy method for throwing together a typical bolognese sauce for spaghetti or vermicelli. Ingredients are easy to come by, and this requires no particular skill
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bottled crushed garlic
- 1 pound or so of ground beef (lean as possible)
- Chili Powder
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- Bottle of Ragu – choose your favourite, I use Chunky Mushroom
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I prefer the basil and garlic ones)
- 1/2 cup red wine
Put the onion, garlic and ground beef together in a large frying pan and brown the beef and all that.
Sprinkle on liberal amounts of spices while the beef, onion and garlic is cooking. mix it in well.
Drain any fat once the beef is cooked.
Pour in the wine and add the mushrooms, let simmer for a few minutes.
Pour in the bottled spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes, let simmer until it reduces to the consistency you like it.
Serve over al dente spaghetti or vermicelli.