Simple Fried Rice 18-Jan-2015
Really simple, easy fried rice, asian style.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- Heat up a skillet or wok until hot. Add the sesame oil, followed by the onions and carrots. Fry until tender.
- Push the peas and carrots to the side, then pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Scramble the eggs, then once cooked mix the eggs with the vegetables.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Add the egg mixture, mix, then pour the soy sauce and optionally the oyster sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggies until heated through. Finish by topping with green onions.