Easy Slow Cooker Jambalaya 01-Mar-2014
A rather easy version of that famouse New Orleans dish.
- 4 cups white rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) kielbasa sausage ring
- 1 package frozen pepper & onion vegetable stir-fry blend
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic & onion , undrained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients except shrimp.
Cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Stir in shrimp; continue cooking 15-20 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and rice is tender.