Spam Hash Brown Bake 13-Nov-2011
this looks so bad it might be good…
This popped up on my gmail and I was fascinated by it so I decided to check it out. It looks rather scary, but might actually be good.
- 1.00 package Frozen hashbrown potatoes, thawed slightly (32 oz)
- 0.50 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- 1.00 teaspoon Salt
- 1.00 teaspoon Pepper
- 0.50 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2.00 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1.00 can SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed (12 oz)
- 1.00 can Cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz)
- 1.50 cup Sour cream
- 0.50 cup Milk
- 0.50 cup Chopped onion
- 0.25 cup Diced Green Chilies, drained
- 2.00 cup Crushed potato chips
Heat oven to 350°F;.
In large bowl, combine potatoes, melted butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
In another bowl, combine cheese, SPAM, soup, sour cream, milk, onion, and green chilies.
Add SPAM mixture to potato mixture; mix well.
Pour into 2-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with potato chips.
Bake 45-60 minutes or until thoroughly heated.