Chicken Marrakesh 16-Oct-2011
This sounds so delicious – I might try to create a non-crockpot version as well.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken breast pieces into a slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the chicken and vegetables.
Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.