Preparing Eggplant for Casseroles 09-Nov-2019
Eggplant, especially the large European variety, contain a lot of moisture; unless you’re frying the eggplant slices before using them, they need some prep work to be good in casseroles and bakes.
- 2 pounds eggplant (1 large or 2 small)
- kosher or coarse (sea) salt
- Heat the oven to 450°F
- Spray a baking sheet with oil
- Trim the ends off the eggplant
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices
- Arrange slices on the prepared baking sheet
- Season with the salt
- Bake 10 minutes
- Flip pieces over
- Bake another 10 minutes
The eggplant should be golden brown.