Spiced Pecans 06-Mar-2012
Makes an interesting garnish, listed in Roasted Pumpkin Soup
(:comment bulleted list of ingredients, with notes if necessary:)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon (kosher) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F;.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In small bowl, combine melted butter, salt, and cayenne.
- Add pecans, toss to coat well.
- Spread evenly on foil.
- Bake 5 minutes or until toasted, watching closely to ensure pecans do not burn.
- Cool completely.
This is one of those things you can make ahead and store easily. Probably makes for good snackin’ too.