This is the best chewy blondie recipe! These cookie bars include the option of adding white chocolate chips and nuts, but they taste just as good without any add-ins
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted (226g))
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar* (tightly packed (250g))
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk (room temperature preferred)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (285g)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (cornflour in the UK)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (115g)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (130g)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper**
- Combine melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir until completely combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet until completely combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Spread blondie batter into prepared pan and transfer to oven.
- Bake on 350F (175C) for 25-30 minutes*** or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few fudgy crumbs.
- Allow to cool before cutting and enjoying
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Serves: 15 blondies
Serving Size: 1 blondie (calorie count includes nuts and chips)
Calories: 370 kcal
Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 181 mg
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 29 g
Protein: 4 g