Cranberry-Apple Crunch with Pistachios 16-Dec-2014
Pretty good looking and easy recipe from Panera
- 1.5 pounds Granny Smith apples (about 3 small), peeled, halved, and sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
Heat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish (an 8-by-8-inch size works well) with cooking spray or butter.
In a large bowl, toss together the apples, cranberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a food processor, combine the pistachios, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, butter, and remaining 1/2 cup of flour. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Spread the topping over the fruit and bake until golden brown and bubbly, 35 to 45 minutes.
If you don’t have pistachios, use pecans, walnuts, or almonds instead.