Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes 23-Nov-2011
Little pumpkin cheesecakes on a ginger snap crust.
- 20 gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Caramel sauce, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F;
Spray 12-cup mini-cheesecake pan or muffin pan with cooking spray
In food processor, process gingersnap cookies with on/off pulses until finely group (about 1 cup).
Add melted butter, pulse until mixed.
Press crumb mixture firmly into each cheesecake cup to form crust.
Bake 8 minutes.
Cream cheese filling
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Beat in pumpkin, sour cream, and salt, scraping bowl frequently.
Add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, beat until well blended.
Assembly and Baking
Divide mixture evenly into crust-lined cups.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Serve cheesecakes topped with whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.