Eggs Benedict 26-Jun-2011
Eggs Benedict is one of the fancy looking and sounding dishes that turn out to be a breeze to make. If you’re not up for making the hollandaise yourself, you can get it in dry packets and make it up.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices Canadian bacon or ham
- 1 English muffin, split
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce (I just use the Knorr packet)
Poach eggs for 10 minutes or so, less if you like it more runny, more if you like it more dry
Fry the Canadian bacon or ham in a skillet for a few minutes
Toast the English muffin halves
Warm up the sauce
Arrange the English muffins on a plate, top each half with a slice of the Canadian bacon, a put the poached eggs on each.
Cover with hollandaise sauce.
There are tons of variations possible here:
- Bacon or sausage patties instead of the Canadian bacon or ham
- Sliced grilled tomatoes instead of the meat (or in addition if you want!)
- Cheddar cheese sauce instead of hollandaise
- Country gravy instead of hollandaise
- Chipotle cheese sauce instead of hollandaise