Blueberry Pancakes 26-Jun-2011
I’ve been making pancakes for years and years, since I was a pre-teen.
I don’t know if this really calls for a recipe or not, as I pretty much just follow the directions for making pancakes on the back of the Bisquik box and toss in a huge pile of blueberries.
- 3 cups bisquik pancake mix
- 2++ cups milk (this is a lot more than is called for on the box. I like my batter a lot runnier.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 half pint of fresh blueberries
Mix the first three ingredients into a batter. Adjust the amount of milk to make it the consistency you like. I add a lot more than the box recipe.
Fold in the blueberries, getting them well distributed
Heat a skillet until a drop of water skitters around the surface but doesn’t evaporate
Pour pancakes in 1/2 cup amounts into the pan. Don’t put too many down at once, keep things where you can easily turn them and handle them
Wait until the top surface bubbles form and break, but don’t disappear, then flip the pancake over and cook the other side
Serve with maple syrup and bacon for a scumptuous feast!
I think you can do this with pretty much any addition:
- chocolate chips
- cut up strawberries
- cut up raspberries or blackberries (or, if in California: olalaberries!)
- cut up bananas
- chopped pecans
- chopped walnuts
- frozen blueberries and other fruits work as well, once thawed out
Buckwheat blueberry pancakes are extra special. Just use buckwheat pancake mix instead of bisquick.