Mustard Fried Chicken Wings 10-Jan-2012
Spicy, mustardy, fried chicken wings
“Chicken wings are seasoned with a delicate mixture of spices, then coated in mustard and floured before being fried until crisp. If you don’t have a deep-fryer, you may use a heavy skillet, but for crispier chicken, I would prefer a deep-fryer. This chicken is SO good!”
- 5 pounds chicken wings,separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
Season the chicken wings on both sides by sprinkling with seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Coat each piece with a thin layer of mustard. Put the flour into a plastic bag, add the chicken, and shake to coat.
Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or deep heavy skillet to 350°F; (175°C). When the oil is hot, add the chicken in small batches and cook for 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels, and cool for 5 minutes before serving.