Seven Layer Dip 06-Dec-2011
This makes a great apetizer for parties. This amount will make 3 pie plates worth.
- 3 cans vegetarian refried beans (layer 1)
- 2 envelopes `McCormick’s mild taco seasoning
- 6 ripe avocodos (layer 2)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mild to medium salsa (chunky is better)
- 32 ounces light sour cream (layer 3)
- 4 cups shredded mexican taco cheese (layer 4)
- 3 to 4 ripe tomatoes (4 if using romas) (layer 5)
- 2 small cans sliced ripe olives, drained (layer 6)
- 2 bunches thinly slices green onions (layer 7)
- 2 cans chopped mild chilies (layer 8)
mix one packet of mexican seasoning in refried beans
mix one packet of mexican seasoning in sour cream
peel and scoop out the contents of the avocados. Mash with salsa.
spread a layer of beans in the bottom of a pie dish
spread guacamole on top of beans
cover with a layer of sour cream
spread shredded cheese over sour cream
cover cheese with diced tomatoes
add layer of green chilies
add layer of olives
top with green onions
Serve with tortilla chips.